Tamegroute is a village 18 km away from Zagora, well known for its pottery – typical green enamel. A visit of the pottery will not only show you the traditional handicraft but also a kind of everydays life in Tamegroute.
In the old Koranic library you can see unique texts and manuscripts on gazelle skin. The famous Koranic school, is nearby. Saturday is souk-day … not to be missed!
HOW TO GO TO TAMEGROUTE
- By plane: Marrakech or – even closer – Ouarzazate airport. From these airports you can go on to Tamegroute.
- By bus: Marrakech – Zagora or Ouarzazate – Zagora (more economic and ecological way)
- By “big taxi”: Frequently used by the local people (moderately priced)
- By rental car: There are agencies at the airports where you can rent a car.
- By our 4WD jeep: As you can see on this site, we offer an individual pickup service from Marrakech and Ouarzazate airports.