Tamegroute is a village 18 km away from Zagora, well known for its pottery – typical green enamel. In the old Koranic library you can see unique texts and amazing manuscripts on gazelle skin. The famous Koranic school, always assiduously attended, is nearby. Saturday is souk-day … not to be missed!
HOW TO GO TO TAMEGROUTE
- By plane: Marrakech or – even closer – Ouarzazate airport. From these airports you can go on to Tamegroute.
- By bus: Marrakech – Zagora or Ouarzazate – Zagora (more economic and ecological way)
- By “big taxi”: Frequently used by the local people (moderately priced)
- By rental car: There are agencies at the airports where you can rent a car.
- By our 4WD jeep: As you can see on this site, we offer an individual pickup service from Marrakech and Ouarzazate airports.